Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One Man's Trash...-Day 10

So I sat in Day 1 of four days worth of training this week. Today was the first of two days with Kid Writing, which is a new district initiative, and on Thursday and Friday we are bringing in a big wig from Solution Tree to do follow up training with the district leadership team on PLC's. This always seems to happen, these instances of bad timing. Four days out of the building is just insane.

Mr C handled the solo responsibility very well. Normal issues but he held down the fort! Way to go Mr C!

Did I mention that I was 30 minutes late to the training today? I had a parent come in to talk with me about an instance that happened in the neighborhood the night before. This allows you to think about all of the thoughts and pressures that children come to school with and then we wonder why they aren't interested in their school work.


On a happier note, I got some used projection screens from another school today and brought them to the teachers who requested them. They were so excited, one of them even got goosebumps (or was it shivers...hmmm?)....

...simple pleasures from simple treasures

No comments:

Post a Comment