Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Data Talks-Day 11

I am feeling a bit muted tonight.

Day 2 of the writing training was good. Sometimes when I am in a training like this, it makes me miss the classroom.

We had our academic conferences today during early release and I am so impressed with my staff. I was only able to make the rounds to 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade but they are all so adept at using data boards and coding to denote all pertinent data for our students. All relevant data is listed on a sticky or index card. All of the data gathered thus far, services received such as ESL, Title I and the like. Based on these needs and these data points, children are grouped for specific small group intervention or extension.

Our Levels testing is well under way and teachers are gobbling up the data as soon as they receive it.

Mr C did a nice job creating our RtI notebooks that are to be used as an intervention and instructional cycle resource. We are well under way towards our goal of walking with purpose in everything we do. Data talks...

...and it can give us answers

No comments:

Post a Comment