Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sense and Sensability-Day 14

Back after a nice long weekend. Great for the soul and plenty of time to re-energize but it always makes for a harried week upon our return. Coming back to a short week after a long break makes for catch up and even keep up a difficult task. I was able to make a "to-do" list over the long weekend so that I felt organized. The stressor there is on the word felt. I did work until after 6:00 tonight trying to tackle some of that to-do list but was not able to actually scratch off an entire item! I did make progress...

My teachers are feeling frustrated at the amount they are asked to do without much time to do it. I feel like they are in the mode of doing a lot a mile wide and doing nothing with depth. I made a vow to clear their plates but am finding that I am waiting for answers and expectations as well.

I plan on spending all available time in the classrooms tomorrow. I have two meetings scheduled but other than that I should be able to devote a good two hours to being in classrooms. I can't wait!

Having a sense of things can be both a positive and a negative. Feeling organized with my to-do list was a positive for me and feeling overwhelmed at the beginning of the year demands is negative for my teachers. Neither one may be actually grounded in reality. I guess it is time to replace feelings with certainty...

...dibs!

No comments:

Post a Comment