Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Adorable Duckling-Day8

Mr. C got his first taste of suspensions today. We had an all out fight on the playground today with 4 instigators trying to make it 20. Needless to say, the parents were not thrilled to have a suspension so early into the school year but some offenses are non-negotiable. Other than that, we have had no discipline issues. Our PBS system is working well. Mr. C had his first case of blood shot eyes today. You have a parent screaming at you on one side (because their child could NEVER do such a thing) and on the other you are trying to help a child realize the implications of his actions. Welcome to administration!

My little Annie did not have a great day. She wanted myself or the ESL teacher to stay with her all day. We couldn't, of course, and she did not last very long in class without us. She is so smart. She was making all kinds of deals with me, well at least trying anyway. She kept telling me that if I let her stay home for 5 days with her mom that she would come back to school and be good and nice and do her work. I told her she could have 2 days, Saturday and Sunday. She didn't like that response. Her family just moved into some brand new townhouses and she calls it the "hotel". She is absolutely adorable. I had things to do so she ended up following me all over the school crying the whole way...

...my little duckling

No comments:

Post a Comment