Monday, August 24, 2009

Soggy Suede Shoes-Day 4

I love being out front to greet all of our students and parents as they come to school. I love to start the students off with a smile and special hello and I truly enjoy being able to tell our parents to enjoy their day as well. The part I don't enjoy is the weather! We had rain today and my "freebie" umbrella from the last educators conference I attended was barely big enough to cover my head let alone any other body part! The result of my morning was soggy suede shoes.

Normally when we get soaked from the elements there is snow on the ground and the heaters are blasting in the building-heaters are a great source for drying out soggy socks, shoes, jackets etc. No such luck today. I found myself stranded in my office because I could not walk around campus barefoot. I of course tried to dry my shoes the best I could with paper towels but there was no use. Who knew suede held so much water!

I was able to accomplish a lot and get resources and find information teachers had been asking me for. Is this why after three hours of office work I was able to think clearly enough to realize that I could put my shoes under one of my lamps and dry them quite quickly? This reaffirmed my commitment to my teachers that I would do everything in my power to clear their plates of competing "stuff" so they could use their mind and energy on the task at hand...

...drying soggy shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment